Some tips I have been given or comments about the rains:
- buy an umbrella (ok that was easy)
- rubber shoes (all I have with me are sandals and tennies)
- have a spare pair of shoes at the office - I rotate to two different locations in the week
- you will get soaked (oh my hair!) deal with it
- ....it is not that bad
- "I love the rains"
- everything turns green (this place is so beautiful and tropical already - I can not wait to see the difference)
- train trips in the rain are nice
- rivers fill and waterfalls are great to swim in
I was reading about monsoons on the net I read this ...."It is within these regions that the most vigorous and dramatic cycles of weather events on Earth takes place. " yeah!!
Did you know that there are monsoons in the US? "daily thunderstorms is often called the Southwest, Mexican or Arizona monsoon. It is also sometimes called the Desert Monsoon as a large part of the affected area is desert. As much as 70% of rainfall in the region occurs during the summer monsoon season"
I have a balcolny at my flat, should be nice to sit and watch the rains. I have quite a few books I want to read too, it is not like I have been spending so much time outdoors I will miss it, it is very hot the evening is the bearable time of day.
Went to a club this weekend, 7, fun - i love dancing and the bhangra is great. They play "Summer of '69" sometimes packed right in with techno, hip-hop, hindi movie music and bhangra. Many people start singing along....for some reason this really irritates me. Maybe it is b\c I was getting my groove on then the Dj brings the entire mood to another level. or is it b/c I secretly despise Bryan Adams? I do not know but it bothers me.
Clubs stay open until 1:30 if the cops are being attentive that night, otherwise the place rocks till 5AM. Wonder if the cops are just paid off some nights not others? After the club went for a late night bite at the JW Marriott. This place is full of the bollywood crowd. Several foreigners too. Actually, 7 had quite a few firangs as well, maybe b/c it is summer break in the states, i do not know if europe has a similar schedule.